Top 7 Tips to Make Google+ Your SEO Best Practices Partner!
Okay, you’ve been thinking about your own SMB marketing plan you’ve got up and running for 2014, and if it’s one thing that’s standing out, it’s the lack somehow of great SEO rankings for your local, national or global sites….like the rest of the world. And if it’s one more thing that is nagging at you, it’s the thought perhaps that you’re not using “best practices” to push that SMB site up and up and up…maybe you’re not as “white hat” as you might think?
Almost every new prospective client that we get uses the same type of rationale as I’ve just outlined…they don’t know why their own DIY SEO campaign has stalled and they don’t know why. And they don’t know what it is they dont’ know.
So…let me help here right away with a tip – a real live tip – that can help you get traction, fill up that traffic funnel and yes, use only white hat best practices to get that done.
Use Google+ is the answer!
Google+ was launched just about 3 years ago, and in that time (depending on whose stats you read) has about 500+ million users who have learned perhaps that while it’s billed as a clone of Facebook, it’s everything really that FB is not. AND the one thing that’d biggest on that one item list is that Google owns Google+!
Got that? Google owns Google+…which means that if you’re looking to rank in Google, then you’d better use Google+ as a ranking tool….and we know that this is a sure bet!
So…top 7 tips…sure….here’s some (in no particular order) and URLs leading to further help on same to help your own Canadian SEO campaign, eh!
Google+ AuthorShip & Publisher - use info found here to get your own pix and site links UP in Google…
- Kissmetrics - on how to get indexed asap using Google+…
- Mark Traphagen on +1 links – on how to use +1 “votes” on Google+ to gain rankings…
- How to Promote your Google+ Page from Google - yup, from the horse’s mouth, eh!
- Not Local doesn’t mean you can’t play - here again Google talks about their Brand+ pages…
- Phil Rozek the Local Review expert - on why this can be a great boost to your site rankings…
- Cyrus Sheppard of MOZ - on what he points out as his own top 10 Google+ tips (great content here lads!!!
Good tips? Surely!
Good background? Yup!
Will you click on each of these to at least “gloss” over their opions, counsel and advice? Hopefully…because if it’s one thing that has been proven out over our own SEO history, it’s that the SMB owners who research to learn….do best! Is that you, I wonder….Google