UIX: Keep it Simple to Maximize Conversions
Love it enough, to make it a necessary part of every single client we take on for any type of online marketing program. And that’s a bit surprising for many of the potential clients who think that all they need to do is to hire an SEO firm and suddenly get a flood of new traffic and revenues.
Doesn’t happen like that, I’m afraid….but that’s a whole other blog post for another day.
What I mean by UIX and website design as a basic foundational component of any SEO Program, is that one must understand what it is you need to offer up as the well designed content to attract those new potential customers and clients – who then “use” that UIX to establish in their own brain that yes, you/your products have the authority and credability to make it to their short list of buying what it is you’re selling. That’s how it’s supposed to work….but so so many potential clients do not “grasp” that simple premise, that I thought I’d blog about same today….
And yes, I’ve blogged on this topic before here -
But what do I mean today about “keeping it simple?”
UIX needs to be simple…
- Not “sparse” but easy to use.
- Not “thick” but only thick enough to explain.
- Not “overly-detailed” but just detailed enough to whet interest.
- Not “chock full of long forms” but just simple enough to get the really bare basics for that next contact.
- Not “gray” with way way too much text but instead use graphics, images, video or even bullet points to get engagment.
- Not “overly reaching” by trying to get a potential client to signup and give you their creditcard numbers right away but instead ready to build that trust by offering up a discount code or freemium model instead.
- Not to “muddy” the waters of understanding by not defining your offering but instead make it simple and clear.
That’s a lot of “nots” and while I do know that many many clients do not even think of UIX before they launch, those that do – and yes, we push hard to make that a real consideration before website launches – find that the potential conversions of prospective new customers and clients is higher when the UIX is simple… clear… lucid… uncomplicated… transparent… essential and easy to understand. All of that leads to building trust and authority with your prospective lead….
Do that…and you’ll gain new conversions that will mean new revenues….don’t and you’ll never know why all those visitors bounced away….Google