2012 Search Marketing Report from MarketingSherpa is Out!
Yup….I’ve been awaiting this one now for a few weeks, as it usually comes out in full summer and after a quick read of the TOC, I’m not going to be disappointed again this year! Again, the firm is using almost a couple of thousand different agencies, company, firms and SMBs to track just what the whole search marketing channel is all about – and the numbers are surprising in some areas for sure, eh!
The superb marketing mavens over at MarketingSherpa have again published their annual 2012 Search Marketing Report and it’s the kind of item you need to read if any of the following questions might be of help to you…
- What impact has social marketing had on SEO?
- How are marketers aligning their search marketing objectives and overcoming the most difficult SEO challenges?
- What is the usage, effectiveness and level of effort required for SEO tactics and content products?
- How are organizations allocating marketing dollars and where they are shifting their efforts?
- What are marketers doing to fare well in local and mobile search results?
- How do agencies view their clients’ SEO and inbound marketing efforts?
And yes, I know that for us SMB owners, one of the hardest things to do is to find the time to work “on” your business and and “in” it…and this is exactly the kind of curated material that can help you win that battle!
I’m still pouring over Chapter 7, that talks specifically on Local Search which is an education all in itself and then Chapter 8 deals with Mobile search…a new channel for many of our clients and well..there goes my long weekend, eh!
Give it a read, and a note once again, that the full report does have a cost…but this is exactly the kind of money that you spend to educate yourself on what the whole industry is up to…where the stats are and what tactics based on what strategy are for the best in Canadian online marketing, eh!
Well worth the click for an SMB owner/founder in my mind…Google