YellowAPI: Is this Canada’s Best Local Content Source?
Today, the Canadian YellowPages Group announced a new API that is going to be made available as a BETA test for web developers interested in streaming local search content directly from one of Canada’s largest and most robust business and person databases.
In what seems to be the latest move by YPG, this will allow ANYONE to build their own applications and mashups by providing dynamic local business data for their website — not a bad idea in our book!
Need content? We’ve got it.
- YellowAPI delivers access to over 1.5 million Canadian business listings.
- Access enhanced information; videos, photos, ad thumbnails, and more.
- Geo-localized listings for map overlay and proximity search.
The Right Information.
- YellowAPI.com content has an unparalleled level of authentication, with direct feeds from Canada’s two largest telephone companies.
- Content is added and updated on a daily basis, providing the most accurate source of Canadian business information.
- YellowAPI.com content has an unparalleled level of verification. Yellow Pages Group’s sales force, one of Canada’s largest, works directly with businesses advertising within the company’s network of properties, ensuring information integrity.
Okay, so you’re thinking hmmm…okay, so if we use this new YPG API, what’s in it for us? Their answer is succinct, but fairly straighforward –
- Monetize Mash-ups
- YellowAPI.com gives developers opportunities for additional revenue streams, based on their ability to drive quality traffic.
- No need for multiple API registrations, YellowAPI.com offers a one-stop-shop for Canadian local business search content.
- YellowAPI delivers local search content to users without having to create a directory.
- Made by Mashery
- YellowAPI has partnered with Mashery to bring this new business search and location-based service (LBS) portal to the community.
- Built upon their deep knowledge and best practices of the API community, developers will find the all tools they need in one single place.
Okay, we’re looking into this already for a client….and I’d think many of us SEO/web developer types are too….and I’m going to bet that others who may just be interested in other YPG groups like redflagdeals.com or autotrader.ca just might be of the same frame of mind too, eh! Think about this — direct access to the YPG content with the ability to monetize that content….
If you believe in the growing potential power of LOCAL data…then this just might be the API wagon to jump on, eh!Google